Tuesday, February 07, 2012

DIY neon yellow collar necklaces



I've been pretty obsessed with Sass & Bide's The Life Exotic necklace for the last couple of months. Also having been utterly inspired by the lovely Geneva's DIY version of the necklace over at A Pair & a Spare, I decided to finally jump on the bandwagon with my attempt. 


I bought the two necklaces from Diva accessories at 2 for $30 (bargain!) and bought some Dy-Mark spray paint in white and fluro yellow. The trick with this process is really to build up with lots of light layers slowly rather than one big thick layer, which I learnt the hard way after the paint started flaking off after one big coat. So I started again and followed Geneva's steps and voila! Here is the result and I can't wait to wear them both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment